Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
We took Jordenne to a wonderful pediatric dentist here in town. Jordy had already been once so she acted like she owned the place! The pediatrician came out and introduced herself and asked if I had any questions. After my 50 questions, Jordenne was able to take the giggle juice. The dental assistant told me it would take about 10 minutes to take effect. She sent Jordenne and I to the play room. Jordy was playing very calmly with the blocks...until about 9 minutes in! She looked up at me with a huge smile on her face, then picked up a rubber snake and started twirling around like a lasso! It was very comical :) When the dental assistant came out to take her back, Jordenne insisted on picking up the blocks herself. Giggle juice does not allow children to have any balance, so I was having to hold her up under her arms to pick up the blocks! They took her back to a small room and let her pick out a stuffed animal and a blanket. Then they put oxygen on her and kicked me out of the room. How dare them kick me out?!? :)
As a mommy, it is so hard to see your baby put "under." Before I even finished a conversation with a dental assistant I had gone to high school with, it was all over! Jordenne went home with her daddy so I could get back to school. He said she had a few crying fits coming down from the giggle juice, but it wasn't too bad. Now she is oh-so-proud of her missing tooth and so happy that the tooth fairy FINALLY made a stop in Cleburne!!
p.s. The dentist showed me the x-rays and how much space was between her baby teeth and permanent teeth! She said it would be 2-3 years before the permanent tooth would come in. So, Jordenne will have one missing front tooth in her kindergarten, first, and second grade pictures!!!!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
My first day went well, too. 120 sixth graders scared to death and in a panic because they cannot get their locker open is always a blast ;). Really, they seem like a sweet group and I am blessed to be able to get to know so many new faces. I have moved up to 8th grade athletics so I have the same girls as last year. This year will be a lot of fun!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
- The list of words he can say is not too long! They include: mama, dada, mimi (short for grammie), pops, ball, please, bubba, oh man, this, and amen. (I'm not worried about him not talking--he still signs a lot, and he will start talking when he's ready)
- In church if the man saying the prayer prays longer than 20 seconds, Chi starts saying "amen" loudly!
- Malachi LOVES anything sports...He is constantly swinging whatever he has in his hands like a bat and runs the bases. Anytime he sees the Nike swoosh, he swings his imaginary golf club. He will get in a down position and run a route when you say hut. He likes to kick the volleyball around like it is a soccer ball.
- He LOVES the Texas Rangers!! His birthday party was themed with them. When we go to the games, he never misses a pitch. He puts his hands up like he is batting and will swing at pitches. The funny thing is that sometimes he doesn't swing like he thinks it is a ball! He loves to do the "Byrd" when Marlon (or if you're Anna, Marvin) gets up to bat! He recognizes their logo anywhere and screams "ball"!!
- He has no care for cartoons or kid's shows, but will watch ESPN all day.
- He absolutely loved his precious babysitter that kept him last year. Tony is going to be able to stay home with him this year...yea!
- He likes to wear his baseball cap backwards.
- He wears a baseball helmet around the house 90% of the time we're home.
- He will do ANYTHING that his bubba does.
- He loves to hear the front door open and yells either "dada" or "mimi" and is usually right!
- When he goes out the front door he turns and goes directly to my parents house just to go say hi to pops!
- He has lots of curly hair that I refuse to cut :)
- Malachi loves his cousin, Elliott. Next door at my parents' house he carries her picture around.
- He loves to eat pretty much anything.
- He loves his family!!
Well, that was more than a few but I'm his mommy; what did you expect??
You'll have to excuse my extra-large face...I had toxemia :(
The swaddling last like two weeks...he hated it!
Here's my 5 month old Chi that had a really hard time gaining weight!
Cute little six month old toes!
Elliott (11 months) and Chi (9 months) at Easter
My future ACU Wildcat!
One Year Old!
18 months old at Mommy's baskeball game
On our way to Sea World! 20 months old
Trying some Coke at the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta. 23 months old
Malachi is TWO!!
Malachi, Your Daddy and I could have never imagined how much joy you have brought into our lives. We love you with all of our hearts...we know God loves you more, but that is so hard to fathom! Our prayer is that you grow up and walk the path the Lord leads you down. But don't grow up to fast!!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Then we put the swing part together!
Chi was trying to be patient, but he thought he would give it a try! Didn't work very well :)
Then came the monkey bars...
Then came the big fort that goes in the middle of the swingset. It was tons of work!!
We had three little helpers!
After we finally finished the fort, it started coming together!
We love when cousins come to visit!!
The first day it was completed, the kids played on it for 4 hours without fighting!!! We thank mom and dad so much for the wonderful gift for the kids. I know it will bring the kids years of fun!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
When the mail arrived yesterday, there was a package for Jordenne!
She was so excited to get a package from ACU!
She was even more excited when she realized it was a backpack for kindergarten!
She is SO ready for kindergarten...I just hope her teacher is ready for HER!!!