Tuesday, December 14, 2010
On Tuesday before Thanksgiving I had a doctor's appointment. The kids and my brother-in-law were all with us since we were headed to Abilene after the appointment. The doctor let them all come in and see the sonogram! The kids loved it. Malachi kept asking the technician if Miles was growing. The whole time Miles had his feet crossed and in front of his face! She tried to do 4D, but he had too much in front of his face. He weighed 1 pound 12 ounces and everything looked great. PTL! I discussed everything that I had talked about with my cardiologist and bottom line is that we won't know what to expect until I have my echo on Decemeber 30th. If you have time, would you say a prayer about the echo?? Thanks ;)
We spent Thanksgiving with Tony's family. We had a great time. We were able to celebrate Isaak's birthday while we were in Abilene and we got to spend some time with Mamaw. She is such a special lady and I know that these holidays are super hard without Papaw. Friday morning we drove home and were able to spend time with my mom's side of the family. Lots of love and laughs, and maybe the best part was watching the Mavs beat the Spurs with my super Spurs fan aunt Ronda. On Saturday, my mom and I were able to go shopping. I was a little worried about how long I would be able to walk around before my feet swelled to the size of watermelons, but I felt great. I love spending a day with just my mom. I was able to get almost all of "Santa" shopping done for the kids!! Yea!
We let the kids do their trees for their rooms last night. Jordenne's is lots of girly colors with beads and sparkly ornaments. Isaak and Chi's is a sports tree. Did you expect anything else? They had a great time making their trees. Excuse the crazy hair and the "worn" look...what can I say, it was after a long day of school, baseball, and basketball practice. Speaking of, just this week alone, Isaak had basketball practice Monday, TOT's and baseball practice Tuesday, baseball practice and basketball Wednesday night, and baseball practice last night...How did my parents' do this with 3 children that played sports. We only have a couple of years until all three of ours are so involved. I have a feeling will not know what "relaxing" means for 18 more years!
I started this post a couple of weeks ago and I'm just now finishing it!!!
Now, I am 3 1/2 days away from Christmas break. I have been feeling pretty good for the most part. My legs and back ache and I have terrible indigestion, but it could be worse, right?!? I think we even have a break from basketball for a couple of weeks so that will be nice to have nothing to do. I did get Christmas shopping for my kids finished. Tony and I did not go overboard this year...I'm so proud! Usually at the last minute I go buy junk. Not this year!
Last Sunday at church a special, special child was baptized. Caleb is 14 and just a jewel. He has Down Syndrome, but knows what it is to love the Lord. It was amazing to watch how excited he was. We should all be like that everyday! During church Sunday, when we were participating in communion, Malachi asked me if the bread was a chip. I told him no, it was bread that represented Jesus' body because he died for us and that is how we remember Him. He said, "That's Jesus' body? And you like that?!?" His facial expression was priceless. I pray that one day he likes it, too!
Tomorrow, I will be 27 weeks along! I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has flown. You oughta see me out there coaching basketball with this big ole belly! My belly is measuring 2 weeks ahead so you can imagine the comments I get on a daily basis. The most common one is, "Oh my, you'll never make it to March!" Thanks, people, thanks. :)
If you for some reason made it down this far in this random post, make sure you go check out my kiddos' pictures at www.aandcphotos.com.
Have a blessed day!!
Friday, December 10, 2010
My sister let me see three of them last night and I am in love. She is so very talented in everything she does and becomes a better photographer with every session she takes. I wanted to share her website and the three pictures she let me see...I can't wait to see the rest! She and her SIL do a fabulous job. Their website is www.aandcphotos.com.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Anyway, off to the real reason I started this post--my son's name.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Mother's Day is such a special day to me because it is a great reminder of the blessings in my life. God blessed me with two bonus kids--I couldn't have asked for more. I truly don't ever think of them as my step-children. They are like my own and there is no difference between them and Chi. God knew I wanted a house full of kids and this was His plan on how to do it! I am so thankful that he chose to give me these children.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
5. Baseball. I love spring because it brings baseball season along with it! One of my absolute favorite things to do is go to the Ballpark in Arlington. We go to about 15 games a year and watch almost all the other ones on television. I like gametracker for when I'm away, too. I am definitely wishing that we make it to the World Series this year! I also love to watch my oldest son play ball. He plays on a select team and has since kindergarten. Hopefully, these same boys will play together through high school.
6. Coke. I really like Coca-Cola~the real thing. I drink Diet Coke a lot, but that's just because it doesn't have any calories! This is Jordy with two of my loves at the Coca-Cola Factory in Atlanta last summer.
7. Cruising!!! My husband and I were married on a cruise ship. This July I will go on my fourth cruise. There is not much better than being in the middle of the ocean with family and friends, but no computers, phones, emails, etc... It is so relaxing and such fun for all of us to get together!
8. Shopping for Jordenne. I know...sounds vain; but I do love to shop for her!
9. Baths. I don't get to take them often, but a warm bath with candles and a capella music is a very relaxing time for me.
10. Coming home to a clean house. My husband, like I mentioned before, is amazing. He stays home with Malachi during the week and one day a week he spends the entire day cleaning. It is so nice to come home to a place where clothes and toys don't occupy the floor!