Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Big Boy

My Malachi turned the big 2 in July! Time has flown by so quickly and I can't believe how fast he has grown. He is certainly the best gift the Lord has ever blessed me with. I cannot imagine my life without him. He has quite the personality! I'm just going to list a few things about him:


  • The list of words he can say is not too long! They include: mama, dada, mimi (short for grammie), pops, ball, please, bubba, oh man, this, and amen. (I'm not worried about him not talking--he still signs a lot, and he will start talking when he's ready)

  • In church if the man saying the prayer prays longer than 20 seconds, Chi starts saying "amen" loudly!

  • Malachi LOVES anything sports...He is constantly swinging whatever he has in his hands like a bat and runs the bases. Anytime he sees the Nike swoosh, he swings his imaginary golf club. He will get in a down position and run a route when you say hut. He likes to kick the volleyball around like it is a soccer ball.

  • He LOVES the Texas Rangers!! His birthday party was themed with them. When we go to the games, he never misses a pitch. He puts his hands up like he is batting and will swing at pitches. The funny thing is that sometimes he doesn't swing like he thinks it is a ball! He loves to do the "Byrd" when Marlon (or if you're Anna, Marvin) gets up to bat! He recognizes their logo anywhere and screams "ball"!!

  • He has no care for cartoons or kid's shows, but will watch ESPN all day.

  • He absolutely loved his precious babysitter that kept him last year. Tony is going to be able to stay home with him this year...yea!

  • He likes to wear his baseball cap backwards.
  • He wears a baseball helmet around the house 90% of the time we're home.

  • He will do ANYTHING that his bubba does.

  • He loves to hear the front door open and yells either "dada" or "mimi" and is usually right!

  • When he goes out the front door he turns and goes directly to my parents house just to go say hi to pops!
  • He has lots of curly hair that I refuse to cut :)

  • Malachi loves his cousin, Elliott. Next door at my parents' house he carries her picture around.
  • He loves to eat pretty much anything.
  • He loves his family!!

Well, that was more than a few but I'm his mommy; what did you expect??

You'll have to excuse my extra-large face...I had toxemia :(

The swaddling last like two weeks...he hated it!

Here's my 5 month old Chi that had a really hard time gaining weight!

Cute little six month old toes!

Elliott (11 months) and Chi (9 months) at Easter

My future ACU Wildcat!



One Year Old!

18 months old at Mommy's baskeball game

On our way to Sea World! 20 months old

Trying some Coke at the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta. 23 months old

Malachi is TWO!!

Malachi, Your Daddy and I could have never imagined how much joy you have brought into our lives. We love you with all of our hearts...we know God loves you more, but that is so hard to fathom! Our prayer is that you grow up and walk the path the Lord leads you down. But don't grow up to fast!!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the most precious kid! Love the Coke bottle one! Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his cake! I totally understand how you feel about Malachi, cause I can relate to so much with Haley and my experience, just makes you love them so much more! He can show Haley around ACU when she comes 2 years later!

    ReplyDelete