Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Why?

Why do bad things happen to good people? I have found myself asking this question many times over the past few weeks...I just don't get it. I also know that it's not for me to get. Everything God does is for reason and we just have to make sure that we still glorify Him through it all.

I was asked this by a colleague of mine recently and it is a very hard question to answer to someone who is not a full fledged believer. He asked why my God that is so great and that I live to praise a God who could be so mean. All I could answer is that you just have to have faith in what He does. I daily take a leap of faith and trust that what He has happen is for the best.


So, this past weekend, here we go again. One of the most precious people I have ever met, a dear friend of mine in college, a twenty-seven year old man with a fiancee had a brain aneurysm. WHY? He spends his everyday giving everything he has to God. He has one of the best voices I've ever heard and he uses it to lift up our Heavenly Father. So, again, I am not to question...I am to believe that God is the healer. I am praying for a speedy recovery and that God heal him to a full recovery. There are rumors of brain damage and him being paralyzed, but they haven't been confirmed yet. What I do know is that God is good and he will heal. I know that Shannon is a man of God and would let anything happen to him, even a brain aneurysm, if it meant God would be glorified even more.


I am asking you to join me and the many other people that have been touched by Shannon. There is a facebook group called Prayers for Shannon "Superman" Bailey where you can go and read about Shannon and see a couple of videos of him. He is blessed with a great sense of humor and a voice that is angelic. There is even a paypal account set up for him if you feel led. But really, all I want you to do is pray for healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment