Sunday, February 14, 2010

Not just Valentine's Day...

It's the day that my love asked me to be his bride. Four years ago, Tony took me to Olive Garden with a cheesy grin on his face that I'll never forget! One of these days I will take the time to type up our whole story! Unfortunately I have ZERO pictures from that fabulous day, so I'll share one of our engagement pictures. I wanted to type the words that were written in the card I got him because I think it is so very true for us.


When we found one another,

we chose to listen to what

our hearts knew to be true

instead of what others would say.


We chose to believe that love exists

outside the lines people draw

and that happiness does, too.


And now, when I look at you

and see all of the goodness you are

and all that you

have made right in my life,

I would do it all over again.


I'm so in love with you,

so sure of what we have,

so proud of us.


We chose what matters most--

each other.


~S. Berry

Tony,

I am so grateful that God molded you just for me! I am so glad that I followed my heart and did not listen to all the murmurs around me. God already knew our story and I cannot wait to keep living that story out with you. We've been through more that most couples go through in 20 years and I am so blessed that I was able to have you by my side through it all. You are an amazing man of God! Thank you for asking me to be your wife and for loving me unconditionally. Just like the card read, I would do it over and over again!

With All My Heart,

Katie

1 comment:

  1. SO SWEET! Happy engagement-versary. Y'all are the cutest couple, and I feel blessed just to catch a tiny glimpse of what all God is doing through the two of you.

    ReplyDelete