Friday, January 8, 2010

ROLL TIDE!!!!!


So, on a normal day I would have been rooting for the Longhorns. Not last night. Nope, I was rooting for the Crimson Tide.


Why?? Because I put a few dollars in a pot for the college bowl games. I let my football-savvy husband pick the teams and it came down to the last game!!!


Tony had picked Alabama to win. There were 84 entrants and it came down to me and my brother. The better part was that my brother picked Texas. We knew it would probably come down to the last game so all week we've been giving each other a hard time. We taught Malachi how to say, "The horns are going down!" He would put the longhorn hand sign downward and really get into saying, "doooooooooooown!" We also taught him how to say Bama! Too funny!


We all watched the game together and watched Colt McCoy go down in the second series. I didn't wish that upon him; I was actually very sad for him. As soon as he was out, the intensity for both teams went way down. I give props to Gilbert coming into a National Championship game as a true freshman and doing outstanding job. At least Texas knows they have another stud coming up at quarterback.


Needless to say, the Crimson Tide rolled to victory and I did too!!! I don't think I've (actually Tony) have ever won anything like this. Woohoo!


ROLL TIDE, ROLL!
***Lissa, I hope you still love me after this post! Hook 'em...Their basketball team is amazing!

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I couldn't believe you had that shirt on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't follow your blog anymore!!!! :( LOL LOL I'm still upset about the game, but you know, that is just the way it goes. Poor Colt! I just adore him. We REALLY could have won. But oh well. Glad you made some money!

    ReplyDelete