Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Little Prayers....Big Lessons!

Today at lunch Chi was in his high chair and Jordy had just sat down at the table in front of her sandwich and chips and this was said:

J: Come on Mom, we need to talk to God.

M: Okay, Jordenne. Pray for us.

J: Dear God, Thank you for the food that we are eating. Thank you for Malachi and Mommy and Isaak. We bless you, we bless you. Thank you for Jesus. I am talking to you from the bottom of my heart! I love you. Amen.
*not sure what she meant by we bless you, but God knows :)

I just went back to the sink and prayed to God and thanked him for such an amazing daughter. He has already shown her how to love and how to pray. She meant every word that she said. I just thought to myself about how many times I've prayed and how shallow it was because it turned into something I just said..."Thank you for Jesus"...Jordy reminded me that I need to talk to God from the bottom of my heart EVERY time I pray.

1 comment:

  1. my sweet jordy! she never fails to amaze me. isn't it funny how much we can learn from them?

    ReplyDelete