Monday, June 29, 2009

Birthdays, Brooklyn, Big Boy, Baking, and Baseball!!

June has flown by and we have been super busy enjoying our summer! It's coming to a close and many big things have happened...Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahan, and Billy Mays have all passed away this month. My little brother was offered a job at the school where I teach and coach. I am excited about that!

We started off the month celebrating little Emily's 3rd birthday. We missed her Tinkerbell party because of a baseball game so we took her to McDonald's!



Those are Emily's arms and legs!!


Then Tony's friend from Abilene, Jared, and his daughter, Brooklyn, came to visit! The kids had a blast playing together and we enjoyed watching the Rangers sweep the Angels on a Sunday afternoon!






My big boy, Malachi, is starting to use the big boy potty! He is so funny because he won't sit on the potty without a magazine or a book! He doesn't use it consistently yet, but we're getting there. I cannot believe he will be two in only two short weeks. It is so bittersweet because I absolutely love every new stage that he goes through, but I am so sad that he is growing up so quickly!








Excuse the hair!! It was wake up time :)

So, I really want to be a good cook. My mother-in-law always cooks food that is too die for. It doesn't matter what she cooks or how long it takes her, every meal is fabulous. I reminded my husband right before he married me that I would never be able to cook like his momma :). Now, I am not going to start off with major hard things to cook...like those that the recipe calls for 10 ingredients that I've never even heard of!! I am taking baby steps... First, sweet cornbread and then loaded mashed potatoes...



Tony loved the cornbread...yea! The loaded mashed potatoes were good, but not great...I'll have to do a little work to make them better!


Baseball--our life from March through July, but Malachi's life 90% of the time! He always has a bat or a glove with him. Most of the time we are home he is wearing his baseball helmet and "running the bases." He is ready to be on the field!! Isaak has had a pretty good season. He is playing select ball so we spend most of our weekends at baseball tournaments. He has improved so much over season. I am so proud of him! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of him actually playing :(







We leave for Alabama this week so I will have more to blog about when we get back!!

1 comment:

  1. I need to learn how to cook! You inspire me! And you make me hungry! :) Have a fun trip to Alabama! Love Malachi's hair by the way!

    ReplyDelete