Friday, January 16, 2009

My little curly-headed boy...






So, I really wanted the pictures to be after the blog....but like I said, I'm new at this!!!

Malachi at 3 days old
Born a Cowboy Fan!
Big Sister, Jordenne!
Daddy, big brother Isaak, and Chi

3 1/2 months old



6 month pictures

take a look at those fat feet!!

10 months old

At Elliott's first birthday party! One Year Old!!


My Chi now--18 months old



I want to blog about all three of my children, but I think I will do them one at a time. I will start with the youngest, Malachi. Most of you know that he is my only biological child, but you would never know that if you were around my family!


Tony and I found out we were four weeks pregnant only four months after we were married!! I wasn't able to tell anyone I was pregnant for a couple of weeks because my sister was getting married and I didn't want to steal her thunder! I had a pretty rough pregnancy :( I was physically sick all but about 4 weeks of the pregnancy and then I had toxemia and they took him immediately (at 36 weeks). July 11, 2007, was one of the best days of my life!! I had a healthy son, Malachi Lavon Cunningham, born at 3:05pm coming in at 6 pounds 9 ounces and 20 inches long! He was (and still is) perfect!


Malachi had severe acid reflux and was very little for a long time until he decided that that throwing up stuff was not for him and boy did he gain weight!! We call him our little linebacker because he is broad and thick. My son has absolutely no ankles and his feet are so tall that he can't even wear sandals or crocs. Our little man is 32 inches tall and weighs 28 pounds.


Now Malachi is 18 months old and he is already a comedian. These are some of the things he likes or does:


--He knows how to say more, please, thank you, thirsty, and all gone in sign language.

--Because he knows those signs and he has so much family all around, he doesn't have to talk...so the only words he says are Mom (no, not even Mommy), Oh Boyyyyyyyyy (yes, he does hold the y that long!), and Oh Man!

--He thinks ANYTHING he picks up is a bat so he looks at you until you say "swing" then he gets in his batter's position and swings.

--He likes to think he is playing the Wii when everyone else is.

--He likes to give the puppy kisses.

--He doesn't really play with any of his toys except for his bats and balls.

--He LOVES his daddy!

--He hates when I spray gel in his hair, but if I don't you oughta see it!!

--He is either going to be a janitor or a plumber because he loves brooms and is very curious about the toilet.

--The only person in this world he has bitten is Jordenne (on several occasions), but I promise he loves her!

--He thinks his big brother, Isaak, is cool and does EVERYTHING he does! (I'm sure that will happen for a very long time!)

--He loves his cousin, Elliott!

--He loves to brush his teeth!

--He entertains anyone sitting behind us in church...we are going to start sitting on the back row!


Well, I'm sure I can go on and on about everything he does/likes, but I won't!!

Malachi's middle name, Lavon, is after my brother-in-law that was killed in a trucking accident in October of 2006. We love him very much and know that he is definitely in a happier place. Malachi is blessed to be named after such a great guy!


Needless to say, I love my Chi so very much and having a son has given me such a deeper love for our God who gave up his son for us!

3 comments:

  1. This post made me cry so hard! Malachi is such a little blessing from God and is so lucky to have you guys as parents and to have a big brother and sister who love him so much. His pictures are sooooo adorable and I just can't believe how fast the time has gone by. You're one lucky mommy, Katie! :) Thanks for the tears of joy this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malachi is so sweet. I love your cute little family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness!! I am SOOO Happy to hear from you. I've thought about you a million times too, but had no idea how to find you...i dont' do facebook (I'll get addicted) and I didn't know your married name!! AHHH!!! I'm just so glad to hear from you. I'd love to hear how Courtney and Anna and the rest of y'alls crew are doing!

    my email:

    jaymiegp@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete