Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 random things...

I haven't seen this before, but enjoyed reading Lissa and Chelsea's....so I'll give it a shot.

1. I absolutely love being a teacher and a coach. Middle schoolers are so fun to form mentor/student relationships. I try to teach them more about life than about science, but usually they end up teaching me a whole lot more!!

2. NEVER tell your 7th grade athletes that you were not at school because you had to go to a sex education course...they think that is a door opened to ask so MANY questions...I simply respond, "Go ask your mother!"

3. Everyone thought I was absolutely crazy to date a man with two children...I might have been, but it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

4. I was baptized, twice. The first time I was young and I think I was doing what everyone was doing...when I was 16 I realized why I needed to be baptized and did it again for the right reasons.

5. I spend more time with my mom then anyone else (outside my own family) and I love it!

6. Sometimes I am loud on purpose and "accidently" wake Malachi up because I can't wait to play with him.

7. I call Isaak and Jordenne my "bonus" kids because they were just an added bonus with Tony. I HATE referring to them as my step-kids because I don't like the way it sounds. They both call me mom and that makes me smile.

8. I don't know what I'll do if my kids don't want to play sports--that's all I've ever known.

9. I really, really, really want to have another baby, but my cardiologist said no. I keep telling myself that my kids need me and that it would be selfish to have another child because it might leave Tony with 4 kids by himself...but I haven't truly convinced myself yet. It's hard to see pregnant girls because I want to be one. I'm scared to get a second opinion because I think they would just say no, too.

10. If I were ever able to adopt, I would want a girl and I would want to name her Adrienne. First off I just like the name, but the "enne" is also on Jordenne's name.

11. I convinced myself that I could be a "pet" person, so I got the kids a dog for Christmas and I'm realizing more and more everyday that I'm just not a "pet" person.

12. If there is anything in the world I hate, it is being COLD!!!!

13. I like to eat. I really like to eat. I wonder why I can't lose weight and it's because of my love for food.

14. I am an organized mess. My house is messy, my classroom is messy, my office is messy...but I know where EVERYTHING is. I make lots of checklists and keep my calendar up-to-date, but I can't seem to put everything where it is supposed to be :)

15. I met Tony at a party after an ACU football game. I was the DD that night so I was completely sober. I can't say the same for Tony :) He wrote my phone number down on a piece of paper with a purple marker. So, who keeps up with a piece of paper when they have had extremely too much to drink? Well, that would be Tony...he called the next night and I didn't answer...he called back 45 minutes later and the rest is history!

16. I wish I was laid-back. Tony is extremely laid-back. I feel like I worry ALL the time. Maybe the two huge fever blisters on my face show that I do worry. I worry about money, the bills getting paid, my kids (were they good at school today?, are they nice to other kids?, is Malachi okay being at a baby-sitter?, is he getting enough to eat?, am I doing enough as a mom?, is it okay that I can't be a stay-at-home mom?, etc.), my basketball team, my daddy....I am always worrying about something!!! Why can't I just let go and let God?

17. My brother has come and helped me with my basketball team this year. I swear they have learned more from him in the few days he's come and helped than they've learned from me all year. He is such a good coach and whatever boys are in his future sure are lucky!!

18. I absolutely love watching The Young and the Restless. My mom and I talk about it like they are real people! Dad and Tony just laugh at us at the dinner table.

19. For the last year and a half Tony and I have lived next door to my parents. Every night we all eat dinner together. It is such a blessing for me to get to sit down and talk to my parents every night. It is also a blessing for my kids to be next door to their Grammie and Pops. I bought my in-laws a frame for Christmas that said, "Grandparents hold our hands for a little while, but our hearts forever." I think that is so true. Luckily, I still have my grandparents and I sure will miss them when they're gone.

20. Tony and I have "visited" the church we go to for 2 years now...I guess it's time we place membership :) I want to be more involved in our church.

21. I am soooo pale...always have been, always will be...it really used to bother me, but as I got older I realized that that's just the way God made me!

22. I LOVE tennis shoes! I would have 30 pair in every color to match every outfit if I were able. I can't wear tennis shoes if they don't match what I'm wearing. Tennis shoes are my favorite things to buy my kids :)

23. I studied abroad in Europe for a semester. It was again one of the best decisions I ever made. I had been 19 for a week when I left to go to England with no friends or family. It made me grow up so fast. It also made me rely on God so much more because I didn't have my friends or family as a crutch to hold me up. (I need to remind myself of those days when I start worrying!) I was able to go to England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, France, Austria, and Italy and see amazing things like The Louvre, Stonehenge, the Roman Colosseum, Dachau (concentration camp site), and many more.

24. I LOVE being a mommy!! Nothing is better than your baby wanting you when they are sleepy or when they hit their heads (which Chi tends to do quite frequently). There is nothing sweeter than hearing "mom" come out of their mouths for the first time (and the million times after that!). My favorite time of the day is when I come home after practice and all my kids yell "Mommy!" and come give me hugs. My children have taught me so much about life. I hope I am able to be half the mother that my mom is!!

25. I hope that everyone on this Earth will allow themselves to experience GOD. There are so many times in my life when I wouldn't have made it though the day without my God. The day we got the phone call that Junior was killed, they day that the cardiologist walked in and told me that I had congestive heart failure and I could have no more children, the mulitple days my daddy literally can't catch his breath. My God is there and he always does miraculous things to show me He is working. My wish is that everyone can feel God working. I know I really need to work on my #16!!!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, this was so fun to read! You made me laugh out loud at all of them and even shed a tear at the ones about your folks, kids, and God. I'm so glad you posted it! With every blog you post, I feel like I get to know you better- you are truly an awesome person! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete